PSST… THERE ARE SPECIAL EASTER RESOURCES DOWN BELOW…
Easter at Duke is a spectacular time!
We invite you to join in the celebration with us.
We’ve got some awesome Easter resources for you.
While we all try to give up something for Lent, we forget that the Easter season can be a great time to add in something special to help us grow closer to God!
Check out some of our recommendations below…
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (originally released as informal radio broadcasts; a top ten classic for any Christian)
- Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton (an autobiography of Merton’s conversion; very story-like and easily digestible)
- Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (a masterpiece of satire; both laugh-aloud funny and deadly serious)
- The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis (very original and creative look at heaven, hell, and purgatory; incredibly insightful and thought-provoking)
- My Life with the Saints by Fr. James Martin (an enjoyable and very relatable memoir; inspiring and hilarious)
PRAYER APPS WE LOVE
- The Hallow app is our new favorite app for building a daily habit of prayer. Find out how to join the DCC Prayer Family on the app in our email blast here.
- Pray As You Go is an awesome podcast or website (whichever medium you prefer!) to guide you through praying the daily reading. Super simple way to learn how to pray with scripture.
- Obviously we’re partial to Friar Side Chats! You can find it in whatever podcast app you use (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, etc.) or just listen within the DCC mobile app.
- The podcast Poco A Poco is great, too! A deep and inviting podcast that invites you to go deeper into your relationship with the Lord.
- The FOCUS Blog has tons of great posts geared toward college students (but which we in the office still find very relatable and helpful for our own spiritual lives, too!).
- As the Netflix-for-Catholics, you could really stand to spend some of your summer free time on FORMED.org. We’ve got all the details for you here. (And psst… we’ve already paid your subscription fee.)