Cultivate is our spring break service trip that will take you around the country, dive deep into communities, and strengthen your prayer life.
We’ve all heard that St. Francis loved animals. He even brokered a peace deal between a wolf and an angry village! But let’s unpack this more and learn about what St. Francis offers us in an age of climate change and environmental crisis.
This year, we will be going to Baltimore to volunteer at a sustainable farm run by the Franciscans friars, as well as to visit the soup kitchen the food goes to. With a day trip to Philadelphia in between, we will then head up to the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist in Connecticut where we will help out at the yard of their motherhouse and learn more about their spirituality.
Check out the full schedule below and sign up!
- Friday, March 4, 5pm: Depart by car for Ellicott City, Maryland
- Saturday, March 5: Volunteer at Little Portion Farm
- Sunday, March 6: Mass at the Shrine of St. Anthony and Volunteer at Little Portion Farm
- Monday, March 7: Visit to the Franciscan Center in Baltimore
- Tuesday, March 8: Day trip to Philadelphia to site see, Drive to Meriden Connecticut
- Wednesday, March 9-Thursday, March 10: Volunteer with and learn from the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist
- Friday, March 11: Day trip to Boston to site see
- Saturday, March 12: Return to campus