ENCOUNTER: Social Outreach
Social Outreach in the Triangle & Beyond
Our reflection based service program offers students various opportunities to engage social outreach programs. In a spirit of giving & receiving, participants will encounter others, from the perspective of equality, thereby better enabling them to make real the ABCs of good social outreach:
Announcing the Good News
Click the links below for more information on:
An experience not reflected upon is lost forever.
Our reflection method is designed for the car-ride back to campus. All participants are asked to share something during this time, using this finger method as a guide:
- Our thumbs remind us how, like hitchhikers of times past, we journey through life befriending neighbors. Did I befriend someone today?
- Our index fingers remind us that our words and actions should always point to God. How did I witness God working today?
- Our middle fingers remind us of the frustrations and challenges we encounter in creating connections. How did I handle today’s challenges?
- Our ring fingers remind us of the promises we make, especially our promise of faith: to announce the Good News. Did I care for others today? Did others care for me, how does that make me feel?
- Our little fingers, often overlooked or considered unimportant, remind us of the forgotten and poor whom we so often fail to recognize in our midst. How did I encounter poverty today, in others, in me?
For more information contact