Below, you can find the service sites ENCOUNTER is partnering with this semester!
These programs are poverty-oriented and designed to engage groups of 3-5 students on a weekly basis. Click HERE to indicate your weekly availability and sign up to participate!
- Open Table Ministries: Serve lunch to the homeless, while forming relationships with those you serve!
- Hillcrest Convalescent Home: Visit the residents of a nursing home, taking part in their “Conversations with Duke Students” activity!
- Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club: Tutor and mentor young boys and girls once a week!
- Threshold Clubhouse: Work alongside people with mental illness in this incredible facility!
- Gleaning: Help gather excess crops after the harvest!
Stay tuned for . . .
- Thanksgiving Social Justice and Social Outreach Initiative: Assemble Thanksgiving baskets and take part in a 24 hour fast with the Duke Catholic Center community!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
You can learn more about these opportunities on http://catholic.duke.edu/service-outreach/. Sign up for the Service list serve and receive updates about Encounter Initiatives!
For questions or more information contact:
Gabriela Gomez firstname.lastname@example.org
Emanuele Macchi email@example.com